Friday, April 30, 2010

The man who keeps me healthy


This is about the man who keeps me healthy. The man who cares me sometimes more than my spouse does at home (regarding food). Mahinder Singh Rana is from Uttaranchal, India. He is working as the chief chef on our installation out at sea. He came here almost five months back. He is a very good cook. Before him, we had some Bengali babu’s as our cook.

We came to know his cooking ability only when we were running the galley without a camp boss. The camp boss on duty left after completing his term and the new camp boss hasn’t reported.

That camp boss was from a village in West Bengal. He never treated the galley boys well. Instead he is a chamcha… cocksucker. He gives special items to client representative and other supervisory people.

Once he left, we don’t have a camp boss for almost two weeks. During this period, this chief cook, he had prepared food with the available grocery on board, even though we were running short of provisions, it was mouthwatering. All enjoyed the food this period.

I noticed him only when we weren’t having the camp boss. He immediately picked up my requirements, as it is a short list like, boiled vegetables and chicken. (any form of chicken preparations) and a piece of chapattis and sometimes I go for some soup too. Chicken is unavoidable for me. Lot of time, I thought of quitting chicken as I did for beef and mutton. But it hardly happened. When ever I see chicken in the counter, I could not resist. I do pick some pieces and eat it.

I was thinking about writing a blog about my cook, but when I started putting in black and white, I could not explain it well. So I am stopping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment